A top Asian paint manufacturer reduced thickener usage by 10%+, while dramatically reducing batch cycle time.
Semi-Bulk Systems designed a Process XStreamlining Solution that utilized the Vacucam® Mixer-On-Tank (MOT) slurry process for single pass thickener addition. The system provides the features needed:
- Stainless steel construction
- Ingredient dump hopper with patented Air-Cone® technology.
- A sanitary centrifugal pump, operator control panel as well as manual controls.
Once completed, Semi-Bulk System’s MOT design can serve as many as 8 let down tanks at floor level.
We delivered Our Performance Guarantee that:
- Achieved a 10-15% savings in thickener usage due to efficiency of thickener functionalization.
- Simplified this paint manufacturer’s process for making, transferring and storing 15t batches of thickener stock solutions.
- Improved quality by dramatically increased water availability for up-stream processing; rapidly dispersing thickener directly into multiple paint mix tanks.
- Achieved a 99% batch consistency while eradicating finished batch adjustments.
- Use of the VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer achieved a 70% savings in process energy vs. high speed shear devices and/or agitators.
- Reached a 70% reduction in process time.
“Thicken” your profitability while improving batch-to-batch consistency. To see if the replacement of the inefficient manufacturing processes with Semi-Bulk’s state-of-the-art VACUCAM mixing technology can improve your production efficiency, contact us.