Paint & Coatings
The VACUCAM® Modular Solutions offer the total solution to meet all of your mix room needs
— both for today’s immediate challenges and tomorrow’s changing requirements and capacity demands.
VACUCAM® Continuous Steady State Slurry Process is the most effective method for the complete dispersion
of TIO2, CaCO3, clay, silica and more to create paint and pigment slurries at very high capacities.
PAINT & COATINGS
PAINT & COATINGS
Semi-Bulk Systems offers Process XstreamLiningsm processes for markets such as Power Generation, Paint Plants, Paper Plants and other chemical processes.
Improved powder liquid mixing for batch to batch consistency.
New industrial and chemical processes require additional process requirements:
- To handle changing ingredients that cannot be mixed efficiently with traditional mix stations or mixing technology.
- To handle bulk bag addition of ingredients as well as small packages for dry and liquid minors.
- To handle the changing needs for sweeteners and addition of totally new ingredients.
Expand your process capabilities for a TOTAL mix process.
- Meet growing and changing demands w/modular additions to existing system.
- Build TOTAL sustainable process for ALL mix requirements.
- Meet 3A/USDA specifications
- Accommodate dry feed from paper bag, drums, bulk bag or bulk.
- Achieves CIP compatibility of all components on both the dry and the wet sides of the process.
- Complete dynamic dispersion, easily mixes multiple ingredients
- Isolates dry ingredients representing allergic or other cross-contamination issues.
- Maximizes powder incorporation rates
- Full CIP capability
- Multi-functional design allows for maximum utilization.
- Functionalize gums & stabilizers without sheer
- Accommodates smaller footprint – simplified unit operations
- Clean, dust-free operation – no dust collection on batch tank
- Total Automation – Integrates Batch Menu Controls.
- Improves Operator Safety & GMP
- Eliminates high frequency injuries with ergonomic process design
- Floor level operation
- Eliminates operator platforms
- Reduces manual handling by moving from small bag to bulk bag capability
- High capacity rates – can feed several manufacturing lines with minimum batch cycle times
- Minimum batch times
- Increase product yields
- Batch to batch consistency
- Improved overall mix quality.
- Maximized efficiency of the UHT process.
- No fisheyes/agglomerates
- Allows for parallel processing – eliminates sequential batching for functional ingredients.
- Low / No maintenance – Pump is only moving part.
- Low energy consumption
- Low labor requirements
Total Mix Solution
The TOTAL SOLUTION for Industrial & Chemical Mix making is provided in standardized modular skids to address mix processes and with total design dry handling systems to address dry bulk ingredients, bulk bags, paper bags or minor ingredients.
- Carboxyl Methyl Cellulose (CMC)
- Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (HEC)
- Calcium Carbonate
VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer
Semi-Bulk Systems VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer Dynamic Batching Station provides the most efficient dispersion, mixing and hydration of ALL dry ingredients used in today’s broad range of product types and ALL Beverage Processes.
The Vacucam® Ejector Mixer is the most effective system available for conveying, wetting, and dispersing powders into liquids.
Here is how it works.
Conditioned powder is conveyed into the mixer by a near-perfect vacuum, which is created when pressurized fluid is discharged as a high-velocity, hollow jet into which the powder is drawn.
The high speed dispersion mixer.
The Vacucam® system achieves high-speed, instantaneous and complete wetting by bringing together conditioned powder and highly atomized liquid from two separate streams, incorporating particles of liquid with particles of powder. The reactive surface areas of both the powder and the liquid are maximized before intimate contact is actually made. The result is consistently uniform, superior wetting without the agglomeration or “clumping” usually associated with conventional mixing methods.
Semi-Bulk Systems can design and integrate the Vacucam® in-line system to feed finished slurry into multiple locations of your preference, such as storage or mix tanks. Your entire process can be physically separated and centrally controlled. Semi-Bulk Systems provides options such as mounting the Ejector-Mixer on your tanks or integrating our system with your existing process.
The best fluid ejector upgrade with improved efficiency over the traditional fluid mixer.
Since the Vacucam® system achieves high-speed, instantaneous and complete mixing, it makes it perfect for fluid mixing too. You can bring together highly atomized liquids from two separate streams for batch to batch consistency and uniform mixing.
The Air-Cone® Hopper’s ability to condition difficult powders makes it ideal for applications where dependable flow and total discharge are critical. Batch-to-batch variations due to material hold-back are virtually eliminated when it is used as a weigh hopper.
Since the conditioned powder is able to flow freely, the Air-Cone® Hopper is an excellent feed source for vacuum conveyors and for the VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer above.
Here’s how the system works
An inner membrane completely covers the surface where product comes into contact with the cone. Low pressure “conditioning” air or inert gas is distributed by an air supply manifold and diffused through the membrane wall. When the dry ingredients are conditioned, they assume the properties of a liquid and can then flow smoothly and accurately into your manufacturing process. This aeration process eliminates some of the typical production problems with difficult powders such as bridging and rat holes.
Total Dry Mix Automated Process
- Single In-Line process to deliver to selected mix tanks
- Separate dry room from wet area
- Bulk bag handling of major ingredients. Paper bag handling of minor ingredients
- Multiple bulk bag hoppers for automated powder delivery of all dry ingredients
Dry Side Delivery
- Paper bags
- Bulk Bags
- Bulk Truck
- Bulk Rail
- Bulk Silo
Paint/Pigment Slurries (TIO2, CaCO3, Clay, Silica, etc.) can be produced at very high capacities using the VACUCAM® Continuous Steady State Slurry Process. This process offers the Paint Industry the capability to increase slurry capacity by 300-400% with less personnel, with greater than 75% energy savings per ton of slurry, with consistent dispersion quality, and with significant reduction in COGS/gallon of paint.
The dry side of the process is designed to maintain the capacity feed of dry ingredients to the Ejector Mixer. Appropriate bulk bag or paper bag unload systems are provided for the process.
The Steady State process will disperse approximately 20 MTPH of pigment into 60-80% slurry (to within 1% of slurry dilatancy). This 21st Century Paint Process will allow a paint manufacturer to produce individual master batch slurries, at maximum concentration, of each individual pigment and continuously deliver each slurry to its respective slurry storage tank. To formulate a batch of paint, the operator selects the appropriate menu on the computer and the system will automatically pump the appropriate amounts of master slurries into a blend tank, which will then deliver the finished formula to the canning line. This process has been demonstrated to increase plant capacity by 400%, reduce plant personnel by 30% and reduce manufacturing costs by $0.40/gallon of paint.
This Continuous Steady State Process is totally automated and is designed to recycle slurry through the VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer mounted tangentially into the top of a small de-aeration tank. The Mixer will convey and mix powder at a rate delivered and controlled by the continuous scale feeder. The water addition is automatically slaved to the dry powder addition, and the multiple additive additions are slaved to the water addition to continuously deliver the design ratio of ingredients to produce a finished slurry. The set-point slurry concentration is continuously maintained as the level set-point in the slurry tank controls the transfer pump to continuously deliver finished slurry to storage.
The dry side of the Continuous Steady State Process is designed to maintain the capacity feed of dry ingredients to the Ejector Mixer. The dry side can be fed from high capacity bulk bag unloading systems, from dry pigment silos, or directly from rail car or hopper truck unloading.
Paint/Pigment Slurries can also be produced with the VACUCAM® Batch Recycle Steady State Process. This process is available to produce capacities from 8 MTPH of dry pigment to 20MTPH of dry pigment into 60-80% slurry (to within 1% of slurry dilatancy) on a batch basis. This process is designed for a single pigment slurry or for multiple dry ingredients into a desired slurry formula. Appropriate water additions are added to the suction of the pump to maintain slurry concentration below the dilatancy level. Additives are ratio controlled to the water addition to meet formula rheology and pumpability.
Other Industrial & Chemical Applications
Paint & Coatings
Paint & Coatings
Paint/Pigment Slurries (TIO2, CaCO3, Clay, Silica, etc.) can be produced at extremely high capacities using the VACUCAM® Continuous Steady State Slurry Process.
Total processes attractive for delivering chemical slurries to reactor vessels inline, or mounting a mixer on a tank, keeping the vessels sealed.