The VACUCAM® Modular Batching Stations offer the total solution to meet all of your mix room needs
— both for today’s immediate challenges and tomorrow’s changing requirements and capacity demands.
The VACUCAM® Slurry Process is the most effective method for the complete dispersion of
granulated sugar, sweeteners, and all other dry ingredients typically used in the manufacture of
sports & energy, nutritional, ready-to-drink and brewing formulations.
The VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer Dynamic Sugar Liquefication™ Processes from Semi-Bulk Systems offer the most efficient processes on the market for rapidly converting dry sucrose to syrup. with options for Dynamic Batching or Dynamic Continuous Steady State processes directly from bulk bags, bulk truck or bulk silos.
Improved powder liquid mixing for batch to batch consistency.
New food and beverage introductions require additional process requirements:
- To handle changing ingredients that cannot be mixed efficiently with traditional mix stations or mixing technology.
- To handle bulk bag addition of ingredients as well as small packages for dry and liquid minors.
- To handle the changing needs for sweeteners and addition of totally new ingredients.
Expand your process capabilities for a TOTAL mix process.
- Meet growing and changing demands w/modular additions to existing system.
- Build TOTAL sustainable process for ALL mix requirements.
- Meet 3A/USDA specifications
- Accommodate dry feed from paper bag, drums, bulk bag or bulk.
- Achieves CIP compatibility of all components on both the dry and the wet sides of the process.
- Complete dynamic dispersion
- Easily mixes multiple ingredients (i.e. alternative sweeteners, and thickeners)
- Isolates dry ingredients representing allergic or other cross-contamination issues.
- Maximizes powder incorporation rates
- Full CIP capability
- Multi-functional design allows for maximum utilization.
- Sugar-on-demand – eliminates need for sucrose syrup storage. Delivers batch quantity directly into blend tank.
- Sugar – high capacity, using Semi-Bulk Systems unique powder handling / sugar liquefication processes.
- Cocoa – Integrates into UHT process with complete dispersion and controlled amount of shear on cocoa.
- Functionalize gums & stabilizers without sheer
- Meets 3A/USDA standards
- Accommodates smaller footprint – simplified unit operations
- Clean, dust-free operation – no dust collection on batch tank
- Total Automation – Integrates Batch Menu Controls.
- Improves Operator Safety & GMP
- Eliminates high frequency injuries with ergonomic process design
- Floor level operation
- Eliminates operator platforms
- Reduces manual handling by moving from small bag to bulk bag capability
- High capacity rates – can feed several bottling lines with minimum batch cycle times
- Minimum batch times
- Increase product yields
- Eliminate quality issue related to caramelization by lowering the process temperature and controlling water quality
- Batch to batch consistency
- Improved overall mix quality.
- Maximized efficiency of the UHT process.
- No fisheyes/agglomerates
- Allows for parallel processing – eliminates sequential batching for functional ingredients, sweeteners, cocoa, and sugar.
- Reduce inbound syrup transportation costs by more
- Significantly reduce raw material cost by buying granular sugar on the open market – better control your sugar supply problems and costs
- Eliminate supplier and storage problems by moving syrup production in-house
- Provide on-demand syrup to food/beverage blend tanks – eliminate need for syrup storage
- Low / No maintenance – Pump is only moving part.
- Low energy consumption
- Low labor requirements
The Total Solution for Sugar Liquefication.
The TOTAL SOLUTION for Mix making is provided in standardized modular skids to address mix processes and with total design dry handling systems to address dry bulk ingredients, bulk bags, paper bags or minor ingredients.
Sugar Liquefication Processes
- Batch / Continuous Batch
- Dynamic Batch Station – DBS
- Dynamic Continuous Steady State Ambient Process
- Dynamic Continuous Steady State w/Heat Regeneration – DCSS with Pasteurization Option
Dynamic Continuous Steady State
The Steady State Liquefication Process is designed to receive and liquefy dry sugar to the desired set-point Brix value. These units are fully automated and make maintaining quality control easy. Semi-Bulk Systems offer more efficient continuous steady state processes requiring lower temperature water. The target brix level can be produced and delivered to storage or process at reduced syrup temperatures.
Dynamic Batch Station (DBS)
The VACUCAM® Dynamic Batching Station Sugar Liquefication Process is used for batch production directly from a bulk truck. Also to produce “Batch on Demand” directly to batch blend tanks. This process can be fed directly from bulk bags or bulk silo. With “Batch on Demand” capability, syrup storage can be eliminated. The system is supplied with heated process water at a proportional rate to the sugar delivery.
This process is designed to produce syrup in a self-contained unit and automatically deliver the finished batch to the process surge tank or syrup storage tank. This process can be fed from paper bags, bulk bags, bulk silo or bulk trailer.
VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer
Semi-Bulk Systems VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer Dynamic Batching Station provides the most efficient dispersion, mixing and hydration of ALL dry ingredients used in today’s broad range of product types and ALL processes.
The Vacucam® Ejector Mixer is the most effective system available for conveying, wetting, and dispersing powders into liquids.
Here is how it works.
Conditioned powder is conveyed into the mixer by a near-perfect vacuum, which is created when pressurized fluid is discharged as a high-velocity, hollow jet into which the powder is drawn.
The high speed dispersion mixer.
The Vacucam® system achieves high-speed, instantaneous and complete wetting by bringing together conditioned powder and highly atomized liquid from two separate streams, incorporating particles of liquid with particles of powder. The reactive surface areas of both the powder and the liquid are maximized before intimate contact is actually made. The result is consistently uniform, superior wetting without the agglomeration or “clumping” usually associated with conventional mixing methods.
Semi-Bulk Systems can design and integrate the Vacucam® in-line system to feed finished slurry into multiple locations of your preference, such as storage or mix tanks. Your entire process can be physically separated and centrally controlled. Semi-Bulk Systems provides options such as mounting the Ejector-Mixer on your tanks or integrating our system with your existing process.
The best fluid ejector upgrade with improved efficiency over the traditional fluid mixer.
Since the Vacucam® system achieves high-speed, instantaneous and complete mixing, it makes it perfect for fluid mixing too. You can bring together highly atomized liquids from two separate streams for batch to batch consistency and uniform mixing.
The Air-Cone® Hopper’s ability to condition difficult powders makes it ideal for applications where dependable flow and total discharge are critical. Batch-to-batch variations due to material hold-back are virtually eliminated when it is used as a weigh hopper.
Since the conditioned powder is able to flow freely, the Air-Cone® Hopper is an excellent feed source for vacuum conveyors and for the VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer above.
Here’s how the system works
An inner membrane completely covers the surface where product comes into contact with the cone. Low pressure “conditioning” air or inert gas is distributed by an air supply manifold and diffused through the membrane wall. When the dry ingredients are conditioned, they assume the properties of a liquid and can then flow smoothly and accurately into your manufacturing process. This aeration process eliminates some of the typical production problems with difficult powders such as bridging and rat holes.
Total Dry Mix Automated Process
- Single In-Line process to deliver to selected mix tanks
- Separate dry room from wet area
- Bulk bag handling of major ingredients. Paper bag handling of minor ingredients
- Multiple bulk bag hoppers for automated powder delivery of all dry ingredients
Dry Side Delivery
- Paper bags
- Bulk Bags
- Bulk Truck
- Bulk Rail
- Bulk Silo
Sugar handling and sugar liquefication are essential requirements for food and beverage production. Bulk sugar delivery provides manufacturers one of the most efficient and economical delivery benefits. However, bulk sugar processes are only economical if they are long-term, high-capacity solutions.
Semi-Bulk Systems provides the food and beverage industry with the single best solution for the increased sucrose demand and efficient in-plant conversion from dry sucrose-to-sucrose syrup. A solution that doesn’t require replacement of parts or restructuring the whole system to meet higher capacity needs.
The modular schematic matrix of process options address SBS’ capability to provide the complete turnkey process design. From the total dry side capability with bulk bags, with bulk truck or bulk rail unloading, silo storage, conveying and transfer to process area.
Our one solution can work now and into the future.
The VACUCAM® Ejector Mixer Dynamic Sugar Liquefication™ Processes from Semi-Bulk Systems offer the most efficient processes on the market for rapidly converting dry sucrose to syrup. Modular skidded process options are available to deliver Batching or Dynamic Continuous Steady State processes directly from bulk bags, bulk truck or bulk silos. The flexibility of the process options provide the capability to deliver high brix syrup directly to syrup storage or produce batch sugar requirements on a Batch Demand basis directly to the blend tanks.
In addition to its standard modular processes described herein, Semi-Bulk Systems offers Total Solutions with the auxiliary options below to address worldwide changing requirements for the supply of raw sugar.
The modular skidded processes are expanded to include the capability to deliver low color syrup for the food and beverage industry.
- Receiving of raw sugar with high speed unloading and transfer to storage – 50kg bags, 50kg reusable bags, 1 ton bulk bags, and bulk trucks
- Silo Storage with transfer to silos and delivery to selected Liquefication process line
- Continuous Steady State Sugar Liquefication Processes with required heat sets and heat regeneration systems
- Flotation process w/ filtration w/ dewatering of filtrate for solids disposal
- Activated Carbon addition for decolor and deodor process with process for handling bulk bag/paper bag of activated carbon with surge hopper with automated addition of activated carbon on continuous steady state basis through a Vacucam® Ejector Mixer for maximum ergonomics, environmental, automation and process efficiencies
- Filtration process filters using D.E. filter media in pressure filter units – including process for handling bulk bag/paper bag of D.E. with surge hopper; with automated make-up of D.E. slurry to support pre-coat tanks. D.E. slurry produced in total dust controlled process through a Vacucam® Ejector Mixer for maximum ergonomics, environmental, automation and process efficiencies
- Polishing Filters
- Regeneration heat exchange system
- Sterilization / pasteurization processes
- Deliver to Syrup Storage
Other Beverage Applications
We provide the food and beverage industry with the single best solution for the increased sucrose demand and efficient in-plant conversion from dry sucrose-to-sucrose syrup.
The VACUCAM® is the most effective method for the complete dispersion of whey, lactose, milk proteins and other dry ingredients used in nutritional formulations.